DIIS Policy Briefs
Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS), Copenhagen
Frequency of publication:
The Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS) was established with the aim of strengthening research, analysis, and information activities in Denmark concerning international affairs and foreign security. This series features briefs produced by the DIIS. The briefs cover such topics as human rights in Denmark and abroad, as well as foreign, security, conflict, and international development policy.
© Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS)
- Development Goals Post 2015: Reduce Inequality
- Demographic Window of Opportunity in Africa – And the Role of Migration
- Flexicurity in Italy – How Far is Rome from Copenhagen?
- East Africa: Regional Security Organisations and Dynamics
- Diaspora Contributions to Development and Reconstruction in Fragile Situations
- Europeanising Labour Migration Policies and Pursuing National Objectives
- Money and Power: EU Budget Negotiations in a Time of Austerity
- Reforming the Common Agricultural Policy in the Shadow of the WTO
- The Migration Industry and Future Directions for Migration Policy
- Should Greenland Mine its Uranium?
- Development Cooperation, Climate Change and Conflict
- Cooperating with China in Africa
- Immediate Versus Sustainable Poverty Reduction? Supporting Agro-Industries in Africa
- Islamic Women’s Activism in the Arab World
- What Aid Should and Shouldn't Do In Order to Support Private Sector Development
- Libya: Beyond Regime Change
- The G20 has Served its Purpose and Should be Replaced
- Building Civil Servant Capacity in South Sudan
- The Israeli-Palestinian conflict – The Need for an International Solution
- The Forgotten Villages - Land Reform in Tanzania
- Getting on the Right Track
- Danmarks Dilemma
- Dealing with Iran: How Can the EU Achieve its Strategic Objectives?
- Budget Support Lessons from Post-conflict Support to Mozambique
- Private Military Companies in Counter-Insurgency Strategy
- Weak International Response to the Use of Private Military Security Companies
- Growing Jasmines
- A Missed Opportunity: Mining for Sustainable Development
- Riding the Tiger
- Justice and Security
- Hello Missile Defence – Goodbye Nuclear Sharing?
- Building Intercultural Bridges
- Recurrent Cost Boom Threatens Millennium Development Goals
- Reforming Global Banking Rules
- Donors and Agro-food Standards
- Think Twice Before Engaging in Yemen
- Counting Carbon in the Marketplace – and at the Border
- Combating Illicit Financial Flows From Poor Countries
- Beyond "Light Touch" Regulation of Finance
- Reducing Poverty Through Low Carbon Development
- Denmark and Modern Non-proliferation Assistance and Disarmament
- Russia as Key to the Baltic Sea Region
- Disaggregating the Pakistani Taliban
- The EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region: A Catalyst for What?
- The Concept of Normative Power in World Politics
- Which Diaspora for Whose Development?
- African Diaspora Organizations and Homeland Development
- Land Titling and Tenure Security in the Context of Inequality
- The Foreign Policy of Iran
- Are the Northern Sea Routes Really the Shortest?
- Small, Open €uro Economies
- Piracy off the Coasts of Somalia
- Somalia After the Ethiopian Withdrawal
- På Vej mod en Dansk Veteranpolitik?
- Climate of Displacement, Climate for Protection?
- Sarkozy og Vichy-syndromet
- Vækst, velfærd og udviklingsbistand
- EU 27, Croatia and Turkey are Watching: With or Without the Lisbon Treaty
- Recent Foreign Policy Attitudes in Turkey
- Diasporas and Fragile States
- Does Gender Matter in Fragile States?
- Brain Drain and Fragile States
- Youth Employment in Fragile States
- State Consolidation in Hostile Post-Conflict Environments
- Local Governance in Fragile States
- Fragile States and the International Criminal Court: Friends or Foes?
- Corruption in Fragile States
- Taxation and State-Building with a (more) Human Face
- Good Governance: Between Idealism and Realism
- Ændrede finansielle strømme til udviklingslandene: fra official bistand til privat finansiering?
- EU's sikkerhedsstrategi version 2.0 (2008)
- International Companies in Fragile States
- Fragility and Natural Resources
- Status of the Biological Weapons Convention Today
- The Danish Africa Commission's Focus on Youth
- Hvad kan og vil en præsident Obama gøre inden klimatopmødet i København?
- Historisk rendezvous i Paris? Vil Sarkozys Middelhavsunion puste nyt liv i Barcelona-processen?
- The Decision-Making Process Behind Launching an ESDP Crisis Management Operation
- Radicalisation in Danish Prisons
- Topmødet i Bukarest - (næst)sidste chance for beslutning i NATO?
- Tid til champagne? Den politiske krise i Libanon og Doha-aftalerne
- From Bear to Bull? Sub-Saharan Africa and Global Capital Markets
- Trade-offs in European Energy Policy
- Pakistan: Skrøbeligt demokrati til eksamen
- NATO i Afghanistan - Hvad kan vi lære af missionen, og er vi villige til at justere?
- Missile Proliferation: New Challenges and New Threats
- Danish Positions on Key Developments in the European Union
- The Spread of Missile Technology and its Countermeasures
- Transnational Returns and Reconstruction in Post-War Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Payments for Ecosystem Services
- Troubling Trafficking: Why I am Worried about Motherhood and Apple Pie but Don't Endorse Slavery
- European Strategies for Reducing 'Unwanted' Immigration
- Resolving the Iranian Nuclear Crisis
- Agricultural Development for Poverty Reduction – Some Options in Support of Public Policy Interventions
- The Securitisation of Migration: A Risky Strategy for European States
- New Political Contestation in the European Union
- Chinese Missile Technology Control – Regime or No Regime?
- Danish Positions on Key Developments in the European Union
- Turkey's Future: EU Member or "Islamist Rogue State?"
- Working in "Fragile States:" Problems, Dilemmas, and Guidance
- After Enlargement: Europe's New Migration System
- Tradeoffs Between Equality and Difference: The Crises of Dutch Multiculturalism in Cross-National Perspective
- Multiculturalism in Denmark and Sweden
- EU Civilian Rapid Reaction - Trouble Ahead!
- An Unlikely Match or a Marriage in the Making? EU-GCC Relations in a Changing Security Environment
- Water Reform - Implications for Rural Poor People's Access to Water
- Upping the Ante - The North Korean Nuclear Deterrent
- Post-Conflict Security Sector Reform and the Challenge of Ownership - The Case of Liberia
- UN-led Strategies for Media and Communications in Conflict Prevention and Peace Building
- Understanding Multinational Corporations in War-Torn Societies: Sudan in Focus
- Diasporas and Conflict Resolution - Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution?
- The Danish Ugly Duckling and the Mohammed Cartoons
- African Diaspora and Post-Conflict Reconstruction in Africa
- Biodiversity Conservation in the Context of Poverty, Greed and Weak Institutions
- Migrant Remittances, Development and Gender
- A Perilous Democratic Exercise: The Referendum on the Constitutional Treaty in Denmark
- Migrant-Development Nexus and Local Authorities in Italy
- Algeria: President Bouteflika's Second Presidential Term
- Strengthening African Security Capacities
- Water and Conflict: Lessons Learned and Options Available on Conflict Prevention and Resolution in Water Governance
- From Diplomatic Talking Shop to Powerful Partnership? NATO's Mediterranean Dialogue and the Democratisation of the Middle East
- The Palestine Question in the Wake of the War in Iraq
- Fra Urolig Periferi til Venlige Naboer?