NUPI Working Papers
Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI), Oslo
0800 - 0018
Frequency of publication:
With more than 50 years of experience, the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI) is Norway’s leading independent centre for research and information on international political and economic issues, and on areas of central relevance to Norwegian foreign policy. NUPI undertakes long-term basic research as well as short-term applied research and advisory services. Central to all NUPI’s work is interdisciplinary collaboration, both within the institute and with other institutes and bodies in Norway and abroad. NUPI offers a wide range of publications covering various issues within international relations research. The NUPI Working Papers present preliminary research on several issues within the field of international relations, which may lead to larger research papers. The series contains papers in English as well as in Norwegian.
© Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI)
- World Trade 1970-2010: Globalisation, Regionalisation and Reallocation
- Market Specific Fixed and Sunk Export Costs
- Innovation, Absorptive Capacity and Complexity along Development Stages
- Capable Companies or Changing Markets?
- Revising COIN: The Stakeholder-Centric Approach
- Business Groups, Innovation and Institutional Voids in Latin America
- Access to Financial Services: Are Poor Excluded?
- Socioeconomic and Ecological Consequences of Biofuel Development in India
- Are Attitudes Conducive to Economic Growth Stronger in Protestants than in Others?
- Integration, Security and Associated Non-members
- The Trade-off Between Innovation and Defence Industrial Policy
- International Patenting
- The War on Terror from Bush to Obama
- A Case Study of Norway's Beef Trade from Developing Countries
- Public Procurement and Organized Crime – Illustrated with Examples from Bulgaria, Italy and Norway
- Innovative and Absorptive Capacity Effects of Education in a Small, Open Economy
- The Structure and Dynamics of Cut Flower Export Markets from Kenya and Ethiopia, with Particular Reference to Trade with Norway
- Service Innovation and the Proximity- Concentration Trade-off Model of Trade and FDI
- A New Panel Dataset for Cross-Country Analyses of National Systems, Growth and Development (CANA)
- Cops and Crime in Kenya
- Defence Firms Facing Liberalization
- Mission-Wide Strategies for the Protection of Civilians
- Somewhere to Turn?
- Local and National Ownership in Post-Conflict Liberia
- How Empires Emerge
- Accountability in the United Nations
- Firm Heterogeneity, International Cooperation and Export Participation
- Globalisation, Domestic Market Integration, and the Regional Disparities of India
- Assessing Complex Peace Operations
- State Bipolarity, Kin Organizations and Violent Collective Action
- Peacebuilding in Liberia and the Case for a Perspective from Below
- Closing the Technology Gap?
- Whither Commodity-Based Trade?
- Sectoral Productivity Trend
- Innovations in Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration Policy and Research
- The Politics of the Comprehensive Approach
- Crime, Police Corruption and Development
- Trade and Growth – Again
- The Protection of Aid Workers
- Gendering the Security Sector
- Implications of a Comprehensive or Integrated Approach for Training in United Nations and African Union Peace Operations
- Theoretical Models of Heterogeneity, Growth and Competitiveness
- Regional Trade Agreements vs. Multilateral Trading System
- "Nobody Gets Justice Here!"
- Protecting Civilians and Protecting Ideas
- Effects of the EU Enlargement on Income Convergence in the Eastern Border Regions
- Regional Development of Russian Industry
- Enemies, Irregular Adversaries, Spoilers, Non-compliant Actors
- Why Peacebuilders Fail to Secure Ownership and be Sensitive to Context
- The Internationalization of Firms in the Service Industries
- East-West Integration and the Economic Geography of Europe
- European Integration and Domestic Regions: A Numerical Simulation Analysis
- It Takes Two to Tango: Danish Concepts of Dialogue as Counterterrorism
- Conditions for Hospitality or Defence of Identity?
- Between Boy Scouts and Paramilitary Storm Troops: The Young Communist League of Nepal
- Crime, Poverty and Police Corruption in Non-Rich Countries
- Governance Indicators: A guided Tour
- 'Flipping the Coin' - Unity of Effort and Special Operations Forces
- Empowering Commercial Actors
- Unfolding the International at Late Modernity: International Society and the Humanitarian Space
- Structural Change and the Growth of Industrial Sectors
- Corruption in Sub-Saharan Africa and its Sources of Evidence
- Police Corruption, Crime and Crime Reporting
- Police Corruption, Crime and Crime Reporting: A Simultaneous Equations Approach
- Is Corruption Contagious?
- Fisheries Trade in India
- Transitional Justice – Does it Help or does it Harm?
- The Sadrists of Basra and the Far South of Iraq
- Services Trade and IT-enabled Services
- Technology Clubs, Technology Gaps and Growth Trajectories
- Technological Regimes, Schumpeterian Patterns of Innovation and Firm Level Productivity Growth
- Who Buys Whom in International Oligopolies with FDI and Technology Transfer?
- Corruption and Armed Conflicts
- A Match Made in Heaven? Strategic Convergence Between China and Russia
- Megaton Nuclear Underground Tests and Catastrophic Events on Novaya Zemlya
- International Engagement in Sudan after the CPA
- How We Talk About the "War on Terrorism"
- Multidimensional and Integrated Peace Operations
- The EU as a Security Actor - The Development of Political and Administrative Capabilities
- Globalisation and Diplomacy
- Basra Crude: The Great Game of Iraq's "Southern" Oil
- "This Gun is our Food": Demilitarising the White Army Militias of South Sudan
- Peace Operations in Africa
- Technological Paradigms, Regimes and Trajectories
- Civil-Military Cooperation in Multinational and Interagency Operations
- Aid for Trade and the Post-Washington Confusion
- Further Towards Post-Communism? From "Left" to Regions in Ukraine
- A Childhood Lost? The Challenges of Successful Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration of Child Soldiers: The Case of West Africa
- European Identity and Its Changing Others
- The Political Economy of Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration (DDR)
- Norges bistand til urfolk
- Implementing Human Rights Norms
- Utenlandsinvesteringer i fiskeri- og havbruksnæringen
- Child Soldiers: Reasons for Variation in their Rate of Recruitment and Standards of Welfare
- Review of the Norwegian Program for Indigenous Peoples in Guatemala
- Trade Openness and Economic Growth
- Norge og multilateralt samarbeid
- Sistani, the United States and Politics in Iraq
- A Study of Civil Society in Nicaragua
- WTO-forhandlingene om markedsadgang for industrivarer og fisk (NAMA)
- Observing or Participating in Regime Change?
- Hva gjør Norge utsatt for terrorisme?
- EUs forslag til nytt tjenestedirektiv
- Geographical Spread of Corruption
- The State, the People and the Armed Forces
- From Internationalization of Terrorism to the Internationalization of Anti-Terrorism
- French Foreign Policy and the Limits of Europeanisation
- From Common Defence to Comprehensive Security Towards the Europeanisation of French Foreign and Security Policy?
- Stalin i postsovjetisk nasjonalbolsjevisme
- Definitions of Strategic Political Communication
- Strategic Adaptation or Identity Change? An Analysis of Britain’s Approach to the ESDP 1998-2004
- As Safe as the Bank? Household Financial Behaviour and Economic Reasoning in Post-Soviet Russia
- Shi'i Separatism in Iraq
- Trade Policy Differentiation between Developing Countries under GSP Schemes
- The Norwegian Import Regime for Agriculture
- GSP in the “Spaghetti Bowl” of Trade Preferences
- Norway's Trade with Developing Countries
- Trade and Development - A Selective Review
- The Future of Norway's GSP System
- Corruption in China and Russia Compared
- "A House of Straw, Sticks or Bricks?" Some Notes on Corruption Empirics
- Early Intervention with Violent and Racist Youth Groups
- The Congo War and the Prospects of State Formation
- The German ICT Industry
- Power, Principles and Procedures
- Indigenous to Indigenous Cooperation
- Norway’s Fredskorpset Youth Program
- Norsk petro-power og terrorisme
- North-South Trade and Wages with Complete Specialisation
- The Challenge of Poor Governance and Corruption
- Crude Nukes on the Loose?
- The Inferior Performance of State Owned Enterprises: Is it due to Ownership or Market Structure?
- Majority Rules and Incentives
- Uniform or Different Policies
- Tollnedtrapping for industrivarer i WTO – Virkninger for Norge
- EU Security Policy
- EFTAs frihandelsavtaler: Betydning for Norge
- The Rhetoric of Hegemony: How the Extended Definition of Terrorism Redefines International Relations
- Norsk utenrikshandel, markedspotensial og handelshindre
- Defusing a Ticking Bomb? Disentangling International Organisations in Samtskhe-Javakheti
- Nuclear Dimensions of the Iraqi Crisis
- Krig mot Irak: Foreligger det et FN-Mandat for bruk av militærmakt?
- Norges sikkerhetspolitiske utfordringer i nordområdene
- The Intangible Globalization
- Study of Selected Fredskorpset Exchange Projects
- How the Axis of Evil Metaphor Changes Iranian Images of the US
- Evaluation of FADCANIC's Teacher Training Program in Nicaragua's Southern Autonomous Region of the Atlantic Coast
- A Global Race for Free Trade Agreements: From the Most to the Least Favoured Nation Treatment?
- Regionale og bilaterale handelsavtaler i Latin-Amerika
- Eksport av tjenester og potensialet for økt verdiskapning i Norge
- Corruption and Fast Change: Shifting Modes of Micro-Coordination
- A Polanyi Perspective on Post-Communist Corruption
- A Gap in OSCE Conflict Prevention?
- Industrial Heterogeneity of the ICT Industry
- Rammevilkår for norsk fiskeeksport
- EUs utvidelse og handelsvilkårene for norsk fiskeeksport
- Virkninger for norsk fiskerinæring av en ny forhandlingsrunde i WTO
- Norway as an Allied Activist
- Transition from Socialism: The Corruption Heritage
- Remarks on the Private-to-Private Corruption
- Sunk Costs in the Exporting Activity
- Strengthening Cooperative Threat Reduction with Russia
- Divergence and Dispersion in the Russian Economy
- Economic Convergence through Savings, Trade and Technology Flows
- International R&D Spillovers and the Effect of Absorptive Capacity: An Empirical Study
- Multinationals Searching for R&D Spillovers: A Survey of the Literature
- International R&D Spillovers and the Absorptive Capacity of Multinationals
- Exit Neo-Nazism - Reducing Recruitment and Promoting Disengagement from Racist Groups
- From Territorial Defence to Comprehensive Security?
- Sivil-militær splittelse og amerikansk sikkerhetspolitikk
- Kan valg av eksportmarked forklares med teorien om investeringer under usikkerhet?
- Geography and Growth - some Empirical Evidence
- French, UK, and US Policies to Support Peacekeeping in Africa: Current Status and Future Prospects
- Meet Me Halfway but Don’t Rush - Absorptive Capacity and Strategic R&D Investment Revisited
- Political Priorities and Economic Interests in Russian-Latvian Relations
- The Europeanisation of Norway's Security Identity
- Firms' Export Decisions - Fixed Trade Costs and the Size of the Export Market
- Linking Issues - Should One Bargain over Two Issues Simultaneously or Separately?
- Recent Advances in Growth Theory: A Comparison of Neoclassical and Evolutionary Perspectives
- Lovely but Dangerous: The Impact of Patent Citations on Patent Duration
- An Essay on Child Labor in Sub-Saharan Africa - A Bargaining Approach
- Family-Controlled Child Labor in Sub-Saharan Africa - A Survey of Research
- Security, Integration and Identity Change
- Forhandlingsmetodikk i WTO
- Globalisation and Industrial Location: The Impact of Trade Policy when Geography Matters
- Patterns of Trade and Foreign Direct Investment in Africa
- Foreign Ownership, R&D and Technology Sourcing